Chemicals

Transocean secures the rig contract with Wintershall and OMV

Offshore drilling contractor Transocean has secured a rig contract from Wintershall Dea and OMV to drill 17 wells offshore Norway.

The company will use Transocean Norge’s semi-submersible rig to drill 17 wells, six of which will be for OMV and 11 for Wintershall Dea.

Both companies also signed an exclusive partnership with Transocean to use the Transocean Norge rig to drill all solid and additional potential wells from 2023 to 2027.

Managing Director of Wintershall Dea Norge, Michael Zechner, said: “Securing Transocean Norge with Transocean means we have a modern and fit-for-purpose rig with best-in-class emissions, as well as a drilling partner to support our continued growth on the Norwegian mainland The shelf”.

OMV Norge General Manager Knut Mausset said: “This long-term contract is an important milestone in the Berling development project. In addition, we have secured a rig for one of our future exploratory wells.”

For Wintershall Dea, the scope of the contract includes the drilling of four exploratory wells, four production wells for the Maria Revitalisation project and three production wells at Dwalin North in the North Sea.

The scope of the contract for OMV includes the drilling of three production wells for the Burling project and two exploratory wells.

Through a joint venture with Hayfin Capital Management, Transocean owns a 33% stake in the Transocean Norge drilling platform. The remaining 67% belong to Haifin’s affiliates.

Related companies





https://www.offshore-technology.com/news/transocean-drilling-rig-wintershall/ Transocean secures the rig contract with Wintershall and OMV

Back to top button