Top diplomats from Japan, South Korea and the United States have declared unity against North Korea on Saturday after a series of ballistic missile launches Pyongyang.
After a day of meetings in Honolulu, the US Secretary of State Anthony BlinkenSouth Korean Foreign Minister Chung Hey-heand the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Japan Hayashi Yoshimasa in a joint statement condemned the seven-run series as “destabilizing”.
Pyongyang should “stop its illegal activities and start a dialogue instead,” they said.
“The DPRK is in the process of provocation,” Blinken told a news conference with his foreign counterparts, using the acronym of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
“We continue to work to find ways to bring the DPRK to justice,” he said, referring to recent sanctions against eight individuals and organizations linked to the North Korean government.
The three diplomats repeated theirs commitment to denuclearization the entire Korean Peninsula, as well as the readiness to resume talks with Pyongyang, which did not respond to requests from the US presidential administration Joe Biden last year.
“The Secretary and the Foreign Ministers stressed that they have no hostile intentions towards the DPRK, and stressed the continued openness of the meeting with the DPRK without preconditions,” the statement said.
https://www.thedefensepost.com/2022/02/14/nkorea-missile-launch-provocation/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nkorea-missile-launch-provocation NKorea missiles launch “Provocation”: USA, Japan, SKrea