Share the article
Now travelers can visit India stress-free! This Monday, the Indian government announced that the latest travel requirement linked to the pandemic, the Air Suvidha form, has been removed.
Foreign travelers had to fill this health declaration form to present it at the Delhi airport and from now on November 22, they will no longer need to do so and take the PCR test for COVID-19.
In accordance with official statementupdates have been made “in light of the continued downward trajectory of COVID-19 and significant gains in vaccination coverage against COVID-19 both globally and in India.”
Simple like Saint Martin made a few weeks ago, India finally joined the large group of countries without any travel restrictions due to COVID-19. However, there are a few considerations for travelers. Here’s what you need to know:
Updated travel protocols
In 2020, during the pandemic, the Indian government created a platform for travelers to fill the Air Suvidha form, which had to be filled at least 72 hours before departure. Local authorities reopened for tourism and allowed international flights until the end of March this year, but all foreign travelers — including children age 5 and older — were required to undergo a PCR RT test and show a negative result if they were not vaccinated.
Now the rules have just changed and travelers can have a “normal” travel experience. Here are the new travel advisories:
- Travelers are no longer required to be vaccinated or tested for COVID-19. Although according to v statementthey should “preferably be fully vaccinated according to their country’s approved primary vaccination schedule against COVID-19.”
- Masks are not required during flights, just recommended.
- Passengers with symptoms of COVID-19 must be isolated and wear a mask during travel and sent to an isolation ward for treatment.
- Physical distancing is recommended.
- At the airport, travelers will undergo a thermal examination, and if symptoms are detected, they will be isolated and sent to a medical facility.
- All travelers are advised to take care of their health on their own, and in case of feeling unwell, contact the nearest medical facility. Helpline number (1075) / State helpline number is also available.
Just last week, the Indian government ruled that masks are not mandatory on flights, and with these new updates, travelers can have a similar travel experience before the pandemic.
Travelers can start planning their next trip to India
Now that India has lifted travel restrictions related to COVID-19, more travelers will be interested in visiting this fascinating and vast country of 3,287,263 square kilometers. Rich culture, gastronomy, architecture, scenery… India has so much to see!
United Airlines, American Airlines and Air India currently offer non-stop flights from New York to Delhi — 14-hour flight — starting from $760 according to a recent search on Google Flights, and the average price for direct flights is currently around $1,400. Prices may increase in the days following this announcement.
Travelers interested in visiting India can start planning their next trip. This place offers visitors breathtaking sights, temples, cities and unique experiences; These are travelers’ favorites:
- Taj Mahal: an impressive ivory marble mausoleum located in Agra. They counted UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1983 and winner of the “New 7 Wonders of the World” initiative.
- Amber Palace: This fascinating fort in Amber has a unique architecture and beauty that amazes the travelers.
- Kashmir Valley: This beautiful valley is surrounded wonderful the mountains offer visitors breathtaking scenery and hiking.
- Yoga Retreats: Many yogis desire India because of its many ashrams and yoga courses where the practice originated.
- Gali Parante Vali: This old neighborhood has great eateries and exciting shopping. Here travelers can eat the best Parentedelicious local flatbread.
- Goa: one of favorite beach destinations of digital nomads with beautiful beaches, fascinating culture – Portuguese and Indian – and very low prices.
Traveler alert: Don’t forget insurance for your next trip!
↓ Join our community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community Group on FB has all the latest reopening news, conversations and Q&As happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE FOR OUR LATEST PUBLICATIONS
Enter your email address to subscribe to the latest Travel Off Path news straight to your inbox
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com
https://www.traveloffpath.com/india-finally-removes-travel-restrictions-returning-to-normal-tourism/ India is finally lifting travel restrictions, returning to normal tourism