Share the article
The carrier will serve three non-stop routes from Detroit, New York (JFK) and Atlanta
Delta Airlines announced on Friday that from November 19 they will offer new non-stop flights from Atlanta to Maui and from Detroit to Honolulu. On December 19, another route will be added: from New York (JFK) to Honolulu. Great news for U.S. citizens looking for warm places in the winter.
As soon as these routes start operating, Delta has explained that they will be the only airline to offer Hawaiian destinations from Atlanta and Detroit, giving its customers more opportunities to enjoy beautiful Hawaiian beaches, outdoor activities and pleasant weather to avoid low temperatures. elsewhere in the region. United States.
Joe Esposito, Delta’s senior vice president, said in a press release that they wanted to offer more options for winter and special purpose: “Exciting beaches, vibrant culture and a competitive economy make Hawaii a highly sought-after destination for families and adventurers alike.”
Now this Hawaii has lifted testing and quarantine requirements for vaccinated travelers with boosters American travelers can take advantage of new Delta flights and start planning their next holiday trip.
Everything you need to know about new routes
With the new routes, Delta will operate 18 daily non-stop flights to Hawaii in the winter from seven United States cities: Atlanta, Los Angeles, Detroit, Minneapolis, Seattle, New York and Salt Lake City.
The airline said the new flights will offer Delta One, Delta Comfort + and Main Cabin services, as well as updated on-board products, snacks and personal screens for entertainment.
This will be a schedule of new routes:
- From Atlanta (ATL) to Kahului (OGG): departs at 11:00, arrives at 16:00
- From Kahului (OGG) to Atlanta (ATL): departs at 17:25, arrives at 6:40 (the next day).
New York itinerary:
- From New York (JFK) to Honolulu (HNL): departs at 9:00 am, arrives at 15:35
- From Honolulu (HNL) to New York (JFK): departs at 16:55, arrives at 7:25 (the next day).
- From Detroit (DTW) to Honolulu (HNL): departs at 12:15, arrives at 16:00
- From Honolulu (HNL) to Detroit (DTW): departs at 17:00, arrives at 6:30 am (the next day).
What you need to know before traveling to Hawaii
All of these daily flights, which begin in the winter, are part of the strategy of many airlines that are preparing for high demand for warm weather in the future and are using Covid’s current low constraints to recover from the pandemic crisis.
More North Americans are eager to visit warm places, and Hawaii offers great weather for the Christmas and New Year holidays. According to Hawaii Handbook, the temperature in December is usually 80ºF (26ºC) and the ocean stays warm. Travelers can expect a few rainy days, but “downpours tend to come with short bursts,” says reporter Victoria S. Derrick.
As for the limitations of COVID, at the moment these are the main considerations:
- Travelers with boosters will not need to take tests or go to quarantine.
- U.S. citizens from locals must demonstrate evidence of vaccination or show a negative COVID-19 test 72 hours prior to arrival. If not, a 5-day quarantine will be required.
- Masks are still required indoors and their recommended use may vary by county.
- The the island of Maui requires a booster dose to consider travelers fully vaccinated, and visitors without vaccination will be required to submit a negative COVID test, even to enter some facilities.
Travelers wishing to take advantage of the new Delta flights to visit Hawaii should be aware of travel restrictions, but at the moment the strictest rules are being lifted.
↓ Join the community ↓
The Community “Journey Off Path” group in FB has all the latest recovery news, conversations and questions and answers happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE to our latest posts
Enter your email address to subscribe to the latest Travel Off Path news right in your inbox
Disclaimer: Current Travel Rules and Restrictions is subject to change without notice. The decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Before traveling, contact your consulate and / or local authorities to confirm your nationality and / or any changes to your travel requirements. Travel Off Path does not approve travel against government recommendations
https://www.traveloffpath.com/delta-airlines-announces-3-new-flight-routes-to-hawaii-from-the-u-s/ Delta Airlines announces 3 new flight routes to Hawaii from the US