Chemicals

Carnarvon Energy begins drilling a Pavo-1 well at sea WA

Carnarvon Energy and its partner Santos have began drilling a Pavo-1 well offshore in Western Australia.

The well, which was pumped last week using a Noble Tom Prosser drilling rig, is in the WA-438-P exploration permit.

Santos manages the resolution with 70% of the shares, while Carnarvon owns the remaining 30% of the shares.

In a statement to the press, Carnarvon said: “The Pavo-1 well is aimed at a gross average volume of 82 million barrels of liquid and 108 billion cubic feet of gas in Caley Formation sands, the flow of which is tested by limiting equipment to about 11,000 barrels per day in the well “Darada-3”.

“This is an attractive prospect with a geological probability of success, estimated at one in three (34%).”

After drilling Kaylee’s main goal, the joint venture will be able to drill deeper stratigraphy, including the sands of the Dumont Formation of the Lower Archer and the Permian Carbonates.

After the completion of the Pavo-1 well, the drilling rig will drill the Apus-1 well, located approximately 20 km southwest of the Pavo-1 well.

Well Pavo-1 is located approximately 160 km northeast of Port Hedland and nearly 40 km east of the Dorado field.

In April 2021 Santos has announced plans to lose 20% to 30% of its stake in the Dorado field, as well as an exploration portfolio in the Bedouit Basin, offshore Australia.

The Dorado field is in WA-437-P exploration permit in Commonwealth waters.

Santos manages the field with 80% of the shares, and Carnarvon Petroleum holds the remaining 20%.

Related companies



https://www.offshore-technology.com/news/carnarvon-drilling-pavo-1/ Carnarvon Energy begins drilling a Pavo-1 well at sea WA

Back to top button