Allegany County will be featured on Real Virginia

the real virginia…

Allegany County had 165 farms on 30,857 acres in 2017

Each month, this feature focuses on a different county in Virginia and provides an in-depth look at the area from an agricultural perspective. Burke Moeller, Farm Bureau video producer, will interview local farmers and others to learn about the role of agriculture in the county, which sectors are most prevalent and how the industry is changing. (Virginia Farm Bureau photo)

RICHMOND, Va. — This January, the Virginia Farm Bureau The real Virginia television program will cover Allegany County as part of its Close-up of the county segment.

Each month, this feature focuses on a different county in Virginia and provides an in-depth look at the area from an agricultural perspective. Burke Moeller, Farm Bureau video producer, will interview local farmers and others to learn about the role of agriculture in the county, which sectors are most prevalent and how the industry is changing.

The most recent Census of Agriculture, conducted in 2017, found that Alleghany had a total of 165 farms on 30,857 acres, and the market value of all agricultural products sold that year was more than $2 million. Commodities such as livestock, poultry and other animal products account for 71% of all farm income. The remaining 29% are crops, among which the main crops are hay, fodder, corn, Christmas trees and vegetables. Other commodities produced in the county include grains, fruits, nuts, and berries.

Moeller may be available for interviews or to meet with local media during the county tapings on Thursday, December 1st and Friday, December 2nd. If you are interested, please contact Moeller by calling 804-297-5646.

The real Virginia focuses on Virginia agriculture with a consumer audience in mind. The program airs nationwide at 3:30 PM on the first Saturday of each month on RFD-TV on Dish Network and DirecTV, as well as select cable channels statewide. It airs weekly on digital WBRA 15.2, WHRO Norfolk, WVVA Bluefield and WTKR Norfolk, and the first and third weekends of each month on WVIR Charlottesville, WHSV Harrisonburg and WRLH Richmond.

Look The real Virginia anytime online at youtube.com/user/VirginiaFarmBureau.

VFBF is the largest farmer advocacy group in Virginia, with 133,000 members in 88 county Farm Bureaus. Farm Bureau is a non-governmental, non-partisan, volunteer organization dedicated to protecting Virginia’s farms and ensuring safe, fresh and local food.

– Alice Kemp, Virginia Farm Bureau

https://www.morningagclips.com/alleghany-county-to-be-featured-on-real-virginia-program/ Allegany County will be featured on Real Virginia

Exit mobile version